Experience Signature Slurps around Dubai on August 5th
The countdown has begun for one of the most anticipated culinary events of the summer, World Oyster Day, which takes place on Saturday, August 5th. In celebration of this delectable occasion, we have created an Oyster Trail for oyster aficionados to follow around Dubai. The Dibba Bay Oyster Trail offers a unique gastronomic adventure, where you can stop at participating restaurants along the trail & try oysters like you have never had them before.
The Dibba Bay Oyster Trail will be a day-long event on August 5th, with participating outlets across the city showcasing their mastery of oyster preparations. From wood smoked oysters being served at Lila Taqueria to an oyster omelet at LOWE, this trail promises to take your tastebuds on a tantalizing journey. Each participating venue has carefully curated a ‘Signature Slurp’ menu that captures the essence of their culinary expertise, ensuring a unique experience for the bivalve curious- all priced under AED 50.
One of the highlights of the Dibba Bay Oyster Trail is the special offer of AED 8 shucks available all day at at Dibba Bay’s original farm shop at the Fishing Harbor in Umm Suqiem and their licensed venue at the Sheraton, JBR. Beat the heat with fresh oysters on ice while the admiring the spectacular seaside views from their new indoor summer terraces.
The Dibba Bay Oyster Trail promises to be an exceptional event that combines the love for oysters with the culinary expertise of the city's finest establishments. Whether you're a seasoned oyster lover or a curious newcomer, this trail will take you on a journey of discovery, showcasing the incredible flavours and versatility of the UAE’s local oyster.
To make the trail even more exciting, Dibba Bay is running a competition where participants can win an Oyster Party worth 5000 AED! To enter, diners must visit at least 5 stops on the Dibba Bay Oyster trail, take a picture of the Signature Slurp, upload it on their Instagram stories, and tag @dibbabay & the respective restaurant. A winner will be randomly selected on August 8th and announced on their Instagram page @dibbabay.
Here’s a list of restaurants that are part of the Dibba Bay Oyster Trail with details of their Signature Slurps on offer on August 5th:
- LOWE, Al Barari: Indulge in the classic Southeast Asian street food, the Oyster Omelet at this Michelin Green Star restaurant. This Wok-style omelet contains 3 Dibba Bay Oysters, fried shallot, scallion, and coriander cress, drizzled with Siracha Vinegar.
- Lila Wood-Fired Taqueria, Jumeirah 3: Enjoy lightly smoked oak Dibba Bay oysters, served with herby green chimichurri, and a drizzle of first-pressed Syrian olive oil.
- Boca, DIFC : Oysters 3 ways at this Michelin Green Star restaurant
- Pure Harvest Tomato Dressing, Beetroot Gel, Dill
- Green Gazpacho, Apple, Crème Fraiche, Oxalis
- Oyster Croquette, Piccalilli Mayo
- BB Social Dining, DIFC: Savor a delicious oyster ceviche – 3 fresh Dibba Bay oysters, avocado, cucumber, green apple & serrano chilli.
- Weslodge Saloon, Business Bay : Try the special World Oyster Day menu Set of 3 oysters: classic fresh oyster with signature tabasco granita, mini sandwich with fried oyster and sando sauce, oyster poached in chicken broth with smoked bacon.
- Alici, Blue Waters: Enjoy a platter of 3 specials:
- Dibba Bay Oyster blood orange granita, sea urchin dill oil
- Dibba Bay Oyster, Trasmontanus caviar, celery mignonette
- Dibba Bay Oyster & bluefin tuna tartare
- Rumba, Palm Jumeirah: Indulge in a baked oyster ceviche – gratin oyster, chipotle chalaquita, orange segments, and Kalamansi marmalade.
- Folly, Souk Madinat Jumeirah: Experience the Dibba Bay oyster tartare with yuzu and soy, & caviar of the sea.
- The Byron Bathers Club, Palm Jumeirah: A must try unique dish! Checkout their Caesar oyster wrapped with chicken skin.
- Lucky Fish, Palm Jumeirah: Get two Dibba Bay Oysters with seabass ceviche